Very first ‘Plays of the week” , produced by Gareth Evans !
The idea is to get us out and flying and sharing footage. Hopefully some people try to start pushing what’s possible just to get “that shot”.
Submit your clips by emailing a wetransfer, yousendit, mega.nz, dropbox (or similar) link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not email the whole file, or an uncut video.
Also email if you would like to be involved with the production crew, in the form of preparing title sequences, overlays etc.
The week will run from Sunday to Sunday with a grace day for submissions on Monday (entries close at 9pm) – this means that if you shoot your video on a Monday, it will be in the following week, but you have a day to submit your clip(s) from the weekend.
The POW video will have 5-10 (depending on number of submissions) clips ranked by a small group of judges and be out Thursday or Friday on the Rotorcross NZ channel and posted in the group.
If we don’t get many submissions then it might end up being plays of the month smile emoticon
If we get heaps of submissions in the future, we might look at community voting.
In the future, we may look at doing guest interviews, sponsor plugs, guest voice-overs and/or prizes as part of the series.
There are no prizes on offer initially but if you would like to donate something as a prize then email the details through.
* Please do not email the whole file, or an uncut video.
* Videos should be submitted as downloadable file (not youtube link or email attachments)
* Videos should be current (no snow in summer)
* 1 to 2 entries per week per pilot (person)
For the purposes of the final product, a play is any of:
* a cool line or impressive
* a great crash
* a near miss
* an awesome flip or inverted dive etc.
* racing footage
* accidental landing
* multi-rotor recovery operation (e.g. tree climbing)
* tree/foliage close up inspection
It -does not- have to be from an event, it can just be you out flying and having fun
Your video should be:
* no longer than 30 seconds (except where agreed)
* submitted in at least 720p, 30fps from a gopro, xiaomi or mobius action cam or similar
* submitted as a file but cut to duration
* single shot, may include multiple camera angles and/or cameras. Can include time warping and ramping to speed through a slow bit. Must be sequential/chronological though. Total time must be sub 30 sec.
* in format h264 mp4 preferred
* have no music/audio added
* original motor sound is okay (though we will do voiceovers and music)
* have no captions or post production (except where agreed, or picture in picture with DVR)
* DVR footage is allowed if no alternative is available
* have no sponsor branding in the clip (this will be edited out or video will be ineligible)
* accompanied with a few lines of copy/story for use in the voiceover (where applicable)
* have your instagram, twitter, youtube address, nickname etc supplied for identification (in the email)
* if you are sponsored, supplied with a 1 page still-frame with sponsor logos (in the email)
* you must have full rights to the video content (meaning you shot it yourself or someone shot it for you and you were flying – fixed camera or chase) and grant the use of this to Rotorcross NZ for the purposes of the plays of the week and promotion. You cannot submit someone elses’ video except where permission is written and supplied with the entry
* video does not have to be local (e.g. we will accept international entries) but we would like to try and keep this NZ based initially.
* submitted by emailing a wetransfer, yousendit, mega.nz, dropbox (or similar) link to email@example.com
* submitted by 9pm Monday night for the previous week’s entry
* one clip per file
* fully legal and abiding by all CAA rules and airspace restrictions
If you have any suggestions, corrections, queries etc, please post them below. These rules and guidelines are not final.